axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: Issue in using 'detach' for cloning
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 03:24:48 GMT
Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
>> I don't think I understand your comment about "it is the responsibility of the person
who >declares the namespace to free it".  Maybe this is a reference to some earlier discussion.
 >Perhaps this is related to something strange I see in the code today.  The interfaces
to >axiom_element_create and axiom_element_set_namespace are a little peculiar and not
> Hi Bill,
> I agree with you that we have an inconsistency in the
> axiom_element_create and axiom_element_set_namespace methods.
> When I first started using axiom I got into trouble because I used the
> same namespace object to create different elements. This works as long
> as I use the same namespace object for two elements only. The first
> element is where the namespace is actually declared. If we try to
> extend this approach for more than two elements (because it works for
> two elements) we are in trouble.

If that is the case, then it looks to me it is a bug.

Can you provide a sample code please?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message