axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Issue in using 'detach' for cloning
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:41:04 GMT
bmitchell@austin.rr.com wrote:
> Samisa, I think what Kasun was saying is that detach, if it did not lose the namespace
references for the attributes, does work for him.  When he attaches the detached tree into
a new larger tree, the detached tree needs to keep valid namespace references for all of its
nodes, even when the parent node, Node A, does not already refer to those same namespaces.

> I presume, as well, if he needs to include the detached subtree into several trees, a
shallow copy works, as it preserves the information.

But he has to make sure that he do not release the original tree, till
he is done using the detached sub-tree.

Samisa...