axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From <bmitch...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Re: Issue in using 'detach' for cloning
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Samisa, I think that is what the ref counts protect us against.  In my app, where I do a shallow
copy of the tree including the ref counted attributes, the original tree is released when
the response message is freed via the adb classes.  But the attributes are still present,
as their ref counts were two and so were not released when they were decremented.  The same
should be true of the namespaces, provided they are re-declared on the detached node when
it and its subtree are detached.

I have a test case with attributes having namespaces, as you may have inferred from the issue
I wrote against the adb classes.  I've coded a fix to axiom_node_detach to re-declare the
namespaces when the node is detached.  I don't expect to be able to test the code until this
evening, but when I do you will be able to review the diff.

Regards,
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa@wso2.com]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:41 AM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Re: Issue in using 'detach' for cloning

bmitchell@austin.rr.com wrote:
> Samisa, I think what Kasun was saying is that detach, if it did not lose the namespace
references for the attributes, does work for him.  When he attaches the detached tree into
a new larger tree, the detached tree needs to keep valid namespace references for all of its
nodes, even when the parent node, Node A, does not already refer to those same namespaces.

> I presume, as well, if he needs to include the detached subtree into several trees, a
shallow copy works, as it preserves the information.

But he has to make sure that he do not release the original tree, till
he is done using the detached sub-tree.

Samisa...