axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Meier" <>
Subject RE: [AXIS2C] HTTP Basic Authentication question
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 06:15:33 GMT
Hi Senaka,

I saw this email after the one I just responded to.  That would be great
if you have any code samples or let me know how to get at the http
Our web services allow simple authentication as arguments, http basic
or WS-SECURITY.  So I will definately be using the Rampart/C code as

I also will need to mess around with stuff in the SOAP envelope and
as we have some other custom stuff implemented in gsoap that embeds some
XML with other authentication info.  So I will need to find out how to
process things at a lower level on both input and output for the server

-----Original Message-----
From: Senaka Fernando []
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 9:13 PM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Re: [AXIS2C] HTTP Basic Authentication question

Hi Dave,

Do you mean access to Authentication info on the server side? Well that
is not implemented as yet. However, you may be able to access the Auth
Header and make use of the Basic Authentication Credentials. I will look
into this and let you know.

We did not focus on server side Authentication as we do have WS-Security
support, Rampart/C, which can provide you the ability to handle this,
and many other security related scenarios. You can find more info on
Rampart/C at [1].