axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Meier" <>
Subject [AXIS2C] Questions about using REST
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 00:59:23 GMT
Hi Senaka, Samisa and Others,

I am now starting to implement REST style calls and have a couple

1.  It seems that a GET REST call only works if a query string with at
least one value is specified in the URI.  For example I want to do
"wsclient.exe -get
http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/aewebservices70/GetItem/111" to get
item "111" but that won't work.  I have to do "wsclient.exe -get
" and then the request does get dispatched to my code.  Is there a way
around this?

2.  I don't know how to get at the values in the URL, like the "111"
value above which I have mapped like "<parameter
name="RESTLocation">GetItem/{itemid}</parameter>".  Do I look up
"itemid" somewhere in the message context?  I haven't done much with the
context so any code samples would be awesome.  If I want to get query
string values how do I do that?

Thank you for your help!

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message