axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supporting PUT on Axis2/C
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:04:46 GMT
Hi,
my understanding is that we support file handling in terms of MTOM/XOP
where the file content (presumed binary) goes on as
part of the payload. In terms of pure SOAP processing I don't think
there is anything described with HTTP PUT so looking at  Axis2/C as a
SOAP processor I don't see where the PUT support fits in.

if there is a need to support PUT as part of  REST my guess is we need
to discuss a bit more of where exactly we need PUT to be. The
semantics of PUT is to 'store' something in the  server and IMHO our
current service model does not have such a semantic [either in REST or
SOAP]. The semantic we have right now is a file as an input to a
service (if there is file argument somewhere) and that IMHO should be
sent in some format in a POST (may be multipart/form-data ?)

In any case we need a clear discussion  on how ,what and where PUT
(and DELETE) should be placed in Axis2.

Ajith

On Jan 28, 2008 12:56 PM, Senaka Fernando <senaka@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I managed to tweak this on CURL. Instead of using,
> curl_easy_setopt(handler, CURLOPT_PUT, 1) I used curl_easy_setopt(handler,
> CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "PUT"). However, how should we be placed in
> supporting sending files using PUT?
>
> Thanks,
> Senaka
>

> > Hi Devs,
> >
> > The traditional use-case of a PUT is to upload a file. And, in CURL, it is
> > asking for a file_pointer instead of a character stream.
> >
> > Are we using PUT to send XML data? or files?
> >
> > If we send files, how are we going to handle them?
> >
> > If we wont send files, what about PUT on curl?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Senaka

Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its
creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain
too little falls into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein