axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Dumindu Pallewela" <pallew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invailability of sed command on Windows addressed
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:41:43 GMT
Hi Senaka,

Is this a problem anywhere outside secpolicy samples?

in secpolicy samples, however, this cannot be done without sed like
functionality, because we need to set the paths inside certain files
according to the install path that is defined at the build-time. Do
you see any other way out of this problem?

-Dumindu.

On Jan 15, 2008 6:24 PM, Senaka Fernando <senaka@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> It is a known fact that we can't use the sed command on windows unless you
> install an add-on. Under these circumstances we have burdened our users to
> do appropriate replacements so that the sed command wouldn't be necessary.
> The Rampart/C secpolicy set of samples is a good example. However, there
> is a way we could easily overcome this.
>
> We initially do things for windows and during the Linux build process we
> apply the sed command and covert it to Linux. This way, both Linux as well
> as the Windows user will have a similar experience.
>
> Regards,
> Senaka

Dumindu Pallewela
http://blog.dumindu.com