axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2C support for dynamic operations
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 02:05:58 GMT
This cannot be done with WSDLs because we do not have a WSDL model
associated with the description hierarchy.

However, you can add support for new operations, dynamically to the
description hierarchy, in runtime, by accessing configuration. However,
this may have threading issues. Other problem with dynamic operations,
is how to map the operation to a function. For current operations this
happens at the server startup time. We can achieve dynamic operation to
function mapping using a custom message receiver, which will load the
functions mapped to the operation on the run.

In short, this can be done. However, that needs lots of engineering.

Thanks,
Samisa...