axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Senaka Fernando" <sen...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Proxy authentication
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2007 08:01:15 GMT
> Hi Devs,
>
> I was testing the proxy authentication functionality the other day and it
> did
> not work at all - I've tried to debug and it seemed to me that in the
> http_sender.c the msg_ctx doesn't contain anymore the authentication
> credentials - neither the ones from the config file nor the credentials
> supplied via the API.
>
> Does someone have tried the proxy authentication stuff recently?
>
> Thanks,
> Plamen

Hi Plamen,

We have added proxy authentication into the axis2/c svn head, and it will
be available with axis2/c 1.2.0 AFAIK. If not please obtain a checkout
from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/c. If you
already have a checkout please update it to the latest revision. Then make
sure to rebuild your source.

There also is a sample, echo_blocking_auth
(samples/user_guide/clients/echo_blocking_auth.c) that demonstrates proxy
authentication as well as http basic authentication. Also please note that
we have only added support for Basic Authentication and not Digest
Authentication as yet. This applies both HTTP and Proxy Authentication
schemes.

Also, AFAIK, most of the changes that we added are backward compatible,
and you should be able to see what you saw before in a debug session in
most cases.

We have tested proxy authentication against a SQUID proxy running on a
remote machine, and http authentication against an APACHE server instance
with authentication support.

Also, note that you can find help on how to set-up proxy authentication on
the Axis2/C Manual, which is not as yet published on the internet, but,
which is found in the xdocs folder (xdocs/docs/axis2c_manual.html) of the
svn checkout. The updated manual will be published on the internet once
the 1.2.0 release as been made.

If you find any further issues regarding this matter please let us know.

Regards,
Senaka.