axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] AXIS2_IS_SVR_SIDE property in configuration context
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:25:23 GMT
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> I see that AXIS2_IS_SVR_SIDE property  is being added to figure out
> whether we are on client side or server side.
> However, I have doubts if this would work as expected always.
> Say, you have already build a conf context on server side, and create
> a service client to consume another service using the same context,
> from within a service. Now form that service client instance, when you
> access the property, it would look like as if you are on server side,
> but actually you are invoking a client.

> How are we supposed to deal with such a situation?

Yes the problem you said is there when we  use a conf_ctx created using
build_conf_ctx function to create a service client. But if we restrict
to use just axis2_svc_client_create() function then problem is solved
:-\ . Can we do that?.  Is there any gain in using that function except
the save of resources in creating a new conf_ctx?