axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <damith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maximum log file size 1M
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 04:36:49 GMT
Hi Sanjaya
Sanjaya Karunasena wrote:

>On Wednesday 07 November 2007, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
>

>>Damitha Kumarage wrote:
>>

>>>Hmmm, yes we need to add a new config parameter to httpd.conf. How about
>>>Axis2MaxLogFileSize ?
>>>

>>+1.
>>
>>Samisa...
>>

>I am bit confused here. Why do we couple http transport with logging. I see a
>violation of seperation of concerns. This logging is for Axis2. Http is just
>one of the transports. Resposibility shoud be with Axis2.

This is about accepting the configuration parameters as server startup
arguments.
For example maximum log file size is given for simple axis2 server
./axis2_http_server -LOG_FILE_SIZE <value in mb>
Similarly we need a way to provide this when starting apache2 server
with axis2 module plugged in. This argument value is appropriatly
handled by our server startup code and pass to the logging module which
has no dependancy on transport :)

Thanks,
Damitha