axis-c-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stefano Pettini (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (AXIS2C-715) SOAP faults not always detected by Axis2/C client
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:22:44 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-715?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12543512
] 

Stefano Pettini commented on AXIS2C-715:
----------------------------------------

Thank you Dinesh for addressing the problem. I don't believe this is a client issue. The same
client calls axis2_svc_client_get_last_response_has_fault on two different responses. This
function returns true in case of processing the following response (written by JAX-WS framework):

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<S:Body>
<ns2:Fault xmlns:ns2="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
<faultcode>ns2:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>Cannot find dispatch method for {null}hi using &quot;Payload QName-based
Dispatcher&quot;</faultstring>
</ns2:Fault>
</S:Body>
</S:Envelope> 

instead the function returns false in case of processing this second response (written by
Axis2/C 1.0):

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<soapenv:Fault>
<faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Operation Not Found</faultstring>
</soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I tried to look up the code performing the actual evaluation of the Fault element, but I didn't
figure out where it is. I didn't understand who sets soap_body->soap_fault, so I could
not debug and analyze the code to see where the problem is.

> SOAP faults not always detected by Axis2/C client
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AXIS2C-715
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-715
>             Project: Axis2-C
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: core/clientapi, core/receivers, xml/soap
>    Affects Versions: 1.0.0, 1.1.0
>         Environment: SOAP client based on Axis2/C 1.0.0 (couldn't test 1.1.0 client yet)
and different SOAP servers
>            Reporter: Stefano Pettini
>            Assignee: Dinesh Premalal
>             Fix For: 1.2.0
>
>         Attachments: echo.c
>
>
> The first SOAP fault is detected by axis2_svc_client_get_last_response_has_fault. The
second is not.
> 1) Here is an HTTP conversation between a SOAP client based on Axis2/C 1.0.0 and a SOAP
server based on J2EE JAX-WS default SOAP implementation over Tomcat over Apache. SOAP fault
IS detected:
> Sent:
> POST /WebServiceTest/MMMC_Service HTTP/1.1
> User-Agent: Axis2/C
> SOAPAction: ""
> Content-Length: 166
> Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
> Host: 10.3.4.169:8084
> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <soapenv:Header></soapenv:Header>
> <soapenv:Body>
> <hi></hi>
> </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
> Received:
> HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> Content-Type: text/xml;charset=utf-8
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
> Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 09:05:36 GMT
> Connection: close
> 18a
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <S:Body>
> <ns2:Fault xmlns:ns2="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
> <faultcode>ns2:Client</faultcode>
> <faultstring>Cannot find dispatch method for {null}hi using &quot;Payload QName-based
Dispatcher&quot;</faultstring>
> </ns2:Fault>
> </S:Body>
> </S:Envelope>
> 0
> 2) Here is an HTTP conversation between a SOAP client based on Axis2/C 1.0.0 and a SOAP
server based on Axis2/C 1.1.0 over Apache. SOAP fault IS NOT detected:
> Sent:
> POST /ws/services/mmmc HTTP/1.1
> User-Agent: Axis2/C
> SOAPAction: ""
> Content-Length: 166
> Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
> Host: 10.3.1.198:80
> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <soapenv:Header></soapenv:Header>
> <soapenv:Body><hi></hi></soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
> Received:
> HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:30:35 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
> Content-Length: 255
> Connection: close
> Content-Type: text/xml
> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <soapenv:Header/>
> <soapenv:Body>
> <soapenv:Fault>
> <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
> <faultstring>Operation Not Found</faultstring>
> </soapenv:Fault>
> </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-c-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: axis-c-dev-help@ws.apache.org


Mime
View raw message