axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject [Axis2] Improvement to the way we use the repo
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 07:20:49 GMT
Hi All,
    At the moment, we place all our stuff in the repo. Given the repo
location, one can find the axis2.xml, services and modules folders etc.
    However, I think that this is quite limiting and inflexible at
times. Say you want to have two different deployments with different
configurations, but with the same services; or you want the same modules
but with different services, so you want to deploy different servers. At
the moment, if you have such a requirement, what you have to do it to
copy the repo to some other location and use it.
    If we abstract out the concept of repo and include the service and
module locations in the axis2.xml file itself, then it would be much
more flexible. Then instead of depending a particular folder structure
to find services and modules, we can use the axis2.xml entries. This way
the configuration becomes much more flexible.
    Thoughts please...

Samisa Abeysinghe : WSO2 WSF/PHP

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: