axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From sen...@wso2.com
Subject [Axis2/Core] Proposal for Error Logging
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:08:22 GMT
Hi all,

While inspecting the error logging mechanism in Axis2/C, AXIS2_ERROR_SET,
according to the implementation, is used to log only the last error that
was reported. By doing so, all other error messages that sometimes do have
significant importance are lost. We could use an alternative approach
using AXIS2_LOG_ERROR where each and every error reported would in fact be
logged.

AXIS2_ERROR_SET, has been the popular choice of reporting errors in the core.

Therefore, we have two alternatives.
1. Use an array to store errors reported using AXIS2_ERROR_SET, and handle
them (do some error handling and logging) one after the other.
2. Use AXIS2_LOG_ERROR, to log all errors of importance, as they occur.

I would rather suggest alternative 1, to be a better approach in the long
run. But, for the moment it is better to focus on alternative 2.

Senaka.