axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjaya Karunasena <sanja...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Improvement to the way we use the repo
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:44:51 GMT
On Tuesday 09 October 2007, Kaushalye Kapuruge wrote:
> Deepal jayasinghe wrote:
> > Kaushalye Kapuruge wrote:
> >>
> >> +1. With a small suggestion.
> >> We can allow users to specify an optional attribute for the module
> >> location.
> >> Like this...
> >> <module ref="module_name" location="/path/to/module">
> >
> > Hmm , this breaks the similarity between Java and C   implementations :)
>
> I assume you are replying to the overall plan. Not just the module
> location suggestion.
> Yes... It can be. But breaking similarity for an improvement is not a
> crime right?  :)
> Hmm... may be we can achieve the similarity and improvement at the same
> time again with a small change in Axis2/Java... ;-)
> -Kau

"similarity between Java and C   implementations"

Not specific to the topic under discussion, but Java and C has differences
when it comes to implementations.

Following link consider C to be a third generation langauge while Java is
considered as a fouth generation language.
http://science.jrank.org/pages/1697/Computer-Languages.html.

If you want to explore the real power of C, you should do things in the C
way :-), including the design.

/Sanjaya