axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <>
Subject Re: Update from board regarding our oversight of WS project.
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:55:39 GMT

Looks like we missed the mark by a mile!!!!!. I am thoroughly disappointed.

We have 2 projects with No volunteers and 8 projects with *NO*
reports. If the volunteers are not interested anymore, Please appeal
to someone else to take up the responsibility. At this point, i will
recommend that we archive jaxme and xmlrpc (after a release like
Jochen mentioned) and if the situation persists (with no reports from
the other projects), then we should do the archive the other projects
as well.

Project  - Volunteer/Report
axis     - Yes/Yes
axis2    - Yes/No
commons  - Yes/No
jaxme    - No/No
juddi    - Yes/Yes
kandula  - Yes/Yes
muse     - Yes/No
rampart  - Yes/Yes
sandesha - Yes/No
savan    - Yes/No
scout    - Yes/Yes
synapse  - Yes/Yes
woden    - Yes/Yes
wsif     - Yes/No
wss4j    - Yes/Yes
xmlrpc   - No/No

On 7/2/07, Davanum Srinivas <> wrote:
> Team,
> The board would like WS reports to move towards the style and
> development that the Jakarta and Incubator reports are done (i.e.,
> owners for subprojects developing their parts, and the overall chair
> acting as editor). For Inspiration, See [1]
> So, Firstly, Please volunteer (take ownership!!) to take charge for
> reports for your subproject. If i don't hear from anyone on a specific
> subproject, i will assume that no one is interested in that subproject
> anymore and we can start the process of pruning that subproject. FYI,
> the Spring cleaning is done [2]
> Secondly, If there are folks who are not on the ws pmc, but who should
> be, then please bring up their nomination on private AT
> I really hope the exisiting PMC members and the new ones will
> rejuvenate our board reporting duty and continued oversight of the
> "umbrella" WS project. It may be time to do some spring cleaning of
> the pmc too as there are quite a few folks who are not active anymore.
> One option is to change them to Emeritus status. If anyone falls into
> this category, please let chime in.
> BTW, i was a bit late in submission, we have to do another board
> report for this month. I've started a page here:
> thanks,
> dims
> [1]
> [2]