axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Supun Kamburugamuva" <>
Subject Improved XML parser added to the SVN trunk
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:50:59 GMT

I'm happy to announce that I have added the new improved XML parser to
the svn head. In the process I got lot of help from Milinda in writing
some code and doing all the work necessary to run it on Linux. So my
special thanks goes to Milinda.

I have added the new parser with same name as the previous
parser(Guththila). New parser is also named Guththila and old parser
was removed from the svn head.

This parser was written in a short time and because of tht there are
some areas that need to be completed. Some of the areas that need
immediate attention are:
	1. Standardizing the error handling mechanism
	2. Fixing memory leaks
	3. Reformatting code
I'm trying to fix these issues as far as I can but I have a fairy
tight schedule (I'm in the middle of my semester) so anyone who is
interested, please jump in and have a look.

I have written this parser with one goal in mind and that is
performance and I think we can achieve fair amount of performance gain
with the new parser. I'm sure, still there are lot of areas where
performance can be improved.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message