axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: Mail Transport support for Axis2/C(GSOC 2007)
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 02:51:07 GMT
Rajika Kumarasiri wrote:
>     In line with what we already have with HTTP transport, I prefer the
>     prefix 'axis2_smtp_transport_' over 'axis2_mail_transport_', for the
>     function names.
> Well, Mail Transport itself is a combination of two  protocols (at
> least) SMTP(sending Emails) and POP3(retrieving Emails). "sender"
> prefix implies that we use SMTP and in the mail transport receiver
> part is going to prefix with "receiver" prefix  which implies  that we
> use  POP3 (or IMAP).
Oh yes, I forgot the POP part :( So it is sensible to stick to
'axis2_mail_transport_sender_' prefix for sender side.

Do you plan to implement receiver side as well?

Samisa Abeysinghe : (WSO2 Oxygen Tank - Web Services Developers' Portal)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message