axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Initializing services at axis2c loading time.
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:04:15 GMT
Damitha Kumarage wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a requirement to load a serivce at the load time of the axis2c
> engine.
> I can see that currently it is not possible with the axis2c. So I have
> implemented
> it.
> To do that I have implemented a method called
> static axis2_status_t AXIS2_CALL
> axis2_init_services(
>    const axutil_env_t *env,
>    axis2_conf_ctx_t *conf_ctx);
>
> which is called from axis2_build_conf_ctx.
>
> We need to add a parameter to services.xml for service that need to be
> initialized.
> <parameter name="Axis2InitService" locked="xsd:false">true</parameter>
>
> Then those services could be accessed by the following function.
>    /**
>     * Gets all the list of services that need to be loaded into
> configuration
>     * at the start up of the axis2 engine.
>     * @param conf pointer to conf struct
>     * @param env pointer to environment struct
>     * @return a pointer to the hash table of services. Returns a
>     * reference, not a cloned copy
>     */
>    AXIS2_EXTERN axutil_hash_t *AXIS2_CALL
>    axis2_conf_get_all_init_svcs(
>        const axis2_conf_t *conf,
>        const axutil_env_t *env);
>
> If there is no ojection I'll commit the code.
I see that you have already committed the code ;) I have no objections,
but a suggestion.
Rather than calling the service.xml parameter "Axis2InitService", lets
call it "loadServiceAtStartup", because that is what we are really doing.
Also in line with that, lets rename the function,
axis2_conf_get_all_init_svcs to axis2_conf_get_all_svcs_to_load.
And the function axis2_init_services to axis2_load_services.

Thoughts?

Samisa...

Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.wso2.org/ (WSO2 Oxygen Tank - Web Services Developers' Portal)