axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Supun Kamburugamuva" <>
Subject Building Axiom/C using axutil_string
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 05:36:46 GMT

At the moment Axiom has the interface required to build using
axutil_string instead of char *. AFAIK there is a problem with this

When a XML comes to the parser sometimes it doesn't know the length of
the buffer containing the XML i.e. XML is in a file. So at the
beginning parser allocates a buffer (of predefined size) and if this
buffer is not enough when reading the XML, it reallocates the buffer

In Musila it is really easy to insert a '\0' character to the end of
every token and return it as a char string. But when parsing through
the XML file if the parser reallocates the buffer these strings become
invalid (points to garbage).

In Musila I have solved this problem by not keeping a char pointer to
the buffer in tokens. The tokens in Musila use an integer index to the
buffer. When I want to do an operation on a token I take the current
pointer to the buffer and the token index.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message