axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <>
Subject Re: XML stax parser with improved performance
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 09:07:02 GMT
Hi Supun,
"Supun Kamburugamuva" <> writes:

> Hi,
> In the past few weeks I was going through the code in Guththila and I
> was trying to identify the weaknesses in the parser. I was playing
> around with the code and introduced quite a lot of changes. At the end
> I realized that I have a completely different parser from the original
> one. In fact now I call the new parser Musila (In Jathaka story Musila
> learnt from Guththila and became better than Guththila). I have tested
> the Musila with Guththila and it runs 2.5 to 3 times faster than
> Guththila.
Thats Great !!!
> I would really like to contribute this code to Apache Axis2/C.  But
> there are few difficulties in doing that. First one is that I have
> written it without any dependency to Axis2/C. The next major concern
> is that I couldn't test it rigorously (I have tested it with few XML
> files) but I think there are lot testing that need to be done.
I think , It doesn't need to dependant on Axis2/C , you just need to
implement parser abstraction layer. Once you commit it to svn , we
could find more people to test hopefully :)

Dinesh Premalal
GPG ID : A255955C
GPG Key Finger Print : C481 E5D4 C27E DC34 9257  0229 4F44 266E A255 955C

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message