axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML stax parser with improved performance
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 09:02:28 GMT
Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> > I would really like to contribute this code to Apache Axis2/C.  But
>> > there are few difficulties in doing that. First one is that I have
>> > written it without any dependency to Axis2/C. The next major concern
>> > is that I couldn't test it rigorously (I have tested it with few XML
>> > files) but I think there are lot testing that need to be done.
>> I think , It doesn't need to dependant on Axis2/C , you just need to
>> implement parser abstraction layer. Once you commit it to svn , we
>> could find more people to test hopefully :)
>
> Can we intergrate Musila to Axis2/C as a seperate project like Guththila.
There are two options, replace Guththila old code with new code or add
new code as Musila.
Given that new code is similar to old code and is better, why not
replace current code in Guththila with new code? That helps in terms of
maintenance I suppose - rather than to maintain two code bases, maintain
one. What advantage would we get keeping both the code bases without
replacing old with new?

Samisa...

Samisa Abeysinghe : http://www.bloglines.com/blog/samisa