axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Kaushalye Kapuruge <kausha...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Neethi/C implementation
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 04:38:46 GMT
Hi Manjula and Others,
In future we are going to have Axis2/C and it's modules(e.g. Rampart,
Sandesha) to be dependent on WS-Policy. Right now only Rampart/C has
implemented the security related policies, which can be considered as a
sub set of WS-Policy. So the security related logic is already in
Rampart/C.
Even though it's more logical to have domain specific stuff in their
domains, here we have to be more careful in deciding what the Axis2/C
user is comfortable with. Since Neethi/C is more or less can be
considered as the configuration module of Axis2/C, it directly involve
with the end user experience. So the questions that can be raised are...
1.Are we going to have a single policy file to configure Axis2/C and
it's modules? Or to have different domain specific policy files for
different modules?
2. Is it costly to build policy models for all the modules at the startup?
3. How the description hierarchy supports policy models?
4. Can other platforms(e.g. PHP) adhere to a similar behavior as Axis2/C?
Answers to this kind of questions would be trivial to make the decision
that you need to take. :)
There is one more thing. Even though Rampart/C configuration module is
dependent on WS-Security Policy, there are certain assertions that
Rampart/C has defined. For example to specify the Certificate/Key files.
Assertions like this has nothing to do with Axis2/C or other modules. So
do we have to make this kind of assertions be part of WS-Policy?
I'm sorry if I made this more complicated than it was. But as Samisa
said I'd say that let's give it a run. Give time to other modules like
Sandesha/C to adapt their configuration modules with Nethi/C. And later
see which parts of the code resides where. :)
Cheers,
Kaushalye