axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: axis2/c 1.0.x branch in svn?
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 03:15:25 GMT
Chris Darroch wrote:
> Hi --
>    I was just poking around in SVN and it looks to me like we might
> need to add a 1.0.x branch under webservices/axis2/branches.  May I
> suggest that we do something like the following to base a 1.0.x
> branch off the 1.0.0 tag?
> svn mkdir
> svn copy \
>    The usual approach to maintaining a branch is then that anyone
> who wants to backport a change from trunk to a branch should prepare
> a patchset that applies cleanly against the branch code (as opposed to
> the trunk code) and then propose it for a vote in a file named STATUS
> or something like that in the branch.  When it has enough votes,
> you can commit the backport to the branch and mark it in the branch's
> ChangeLog or CHANGES file, and remove it from the STATUS file.
I am certanly +1 for this proposal. I will do the svn copy soon. In the
mean time, I have few questions. See inline below.
>    When you want to tag a new 1.0.1 release or whatever, you just
> copy from the 1.0.x branch to the tags location.
So if we want to do a release form svn head, does it have to be 1.1.0
and not 1.0.1, even if the svn head has only patches and no API changes?

Also are we to do the branching for every minor version?

Samisa Abeysinghe : (WSO2 Oxygen Tank - Web Services Developers' Portal)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message