axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: Axis2/C 1.0.0 RC1
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:48:23 GMT
Dinesh Premalal wrote:

>I stated some of the minor issues that I would like to raise
>regarding RC1.They might not be real issues ,if so feel free to ignore.
>1.Package Name.
>           For RC1 release , package name should have RC version
>           somewhere.
>           For Ex: axis2c-src-1.0.0-RC1
Would be fixed for RC2, but I would still keep the extract folder to be
1.0.0 because I would like to test the 1.0.0 situation with RC2.

>2.Date of Maven generated site.
>           It mention that, generated for 0.96. It should updated for
>           1.0.0
Was fixed.

>3.Documents updating.
>            *Download link and Feature list still pointing to 0.96.
>            *in INSTALL file it is mention 0.96 , here and there.
>            (I would suggest to make INSTALL file version free. We can
>            give it as axis2c-xxx or what ever appropiate way. Version
>            specific things can be metioned in seperate section.)
>            *AUTHORS file and Project Team in maven , We have couple of
>             new committers in better mention them too.

>4.axis2c-1.0.0/test directory
>            For a Release, Do we have any purpose have it there ?
>            Under that directory there is another empty directory in
>            name "tool", better if we can remove it.In "wsdl"
>            directory there is only one test.
>            If we going to include those tests in 1.0 release , I
>            would suggest to make sure to get all of those test
>            working. Oterwise we can remove them.
Dropped tools and wsdl folders. However, I kept the test folder there
because some may find tests useful.

>5."target" directory in "tools"
>            In tools directory , there is a directory called "target"
>            which carries generated docs. I think all genereted
>            documents should go under "docs" directory.
>            In tools directory, we have directory called "bin", For me
>            its quite aberrant to see "bin" directory , with source
>            distribution. Better get oters input too.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message