axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Nadir Amra <>
Subject Re: next release / open jiras
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:04:51 GMT

Still trying to learn about the release process.  Unless someone with
experience volunteers to be release manager,  I have to figure this out
and it will take some time - and I am very busy with other work so I guess
I cannot commit to anything right now except to say I am trying to see
what it would take to produce a candidate release.  Then I will go through
the process.

I do not think AxisCPP will be dead after 1.6 is released.  We will still
be supporting it.  So you will still see releases assuming significant
fixes are put in. I think the big ticket item is support for SOAP 1.2,
which I plan on doing.

I hope to fix/investigate the following for 1.6:

AXISCPP-543 Have some comments in generated code explaining what is going
AXISCPP-623 Support for the WSDL construct "all"
AXISCPP-888 Deserializer does give any indication of error when tags not
in the WSDL are encountered.
AXISCPP-989 Memory leak in Clients after arrays are serialized
AXISCPP-1014  incorrect handling of xsd:decimal due to missing code

I also hoped to revamp tracing support, but that is probably wishful
thinking at this point for release 1.6.

Nadir K. Amra

Franz Fehringer <> wrote on 03/20/2007 07:11:45 AM:

> Hello Nadir,
> What are your current 1.6 release prospects?
> Do you have a tentative timeline first for a release candidate and then
> a real release?
> Will AXISCPP (given the advent of AXISC) be dead after 1.6 or can we
> expect 1.6.1 or even (gasp) 1.7?
> Which JIRAs do you plan to work on before 1.6?
> What about AXISCPP-1014 for example?
> Cheers and thanks for your good work
> Franz

To unsubscribe, e-mail: