axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Michael.Senkb...@SIZ.DE
Subject Re: Re: [Axis2] ssl_stream.h and ssl_utils.h are missing
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:26:31 GMT
Hello Dinesh,

after successful compiling with the headers from svn (i had to do a little
change on axis2_ssl_utils_initialize_ctx in ssl_utils.h since in 0.96 there
is no second parameter), I'm now trying to run it with apache web server
2.2.4 and mod_ssl.

The echo sample works fine with normal http access to the apache (request
to http://localhost/axis2/services/echo on my PC). Accessing via https does
not work with echo. In the echo.log I found:
[Wed Feb 07 12:07:50 2007] [error] ..\..\samples\client\echo\echo.c(134)
Stub invoke FAILED: Error code: 3 :: Blocking invocation expects response
There are no log entries at serverside, so it seems that the client is not
able to send the request to the server. AXIS2_SSL_CA_FILE ist set to the
pem-file I fetched from the server by using openssl as described in the
Axis2/C manual.
The server certificate is self made (for testing purpuses) generated by
openssl, so there is no official signing authority (like verisign)
involved. May this cause the problem? Or do I have to link some additional
ssl libraries to the client?
Do you have any other tips for me?

Thanks, Michael

                      Dinesh Premalal

                      <xydinesh@gmail.         An:      axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org

                      com>                     Kopie:

                                               Thema:   Re: [Axis2] ssl_stream.h and ssl_utils.h
are missing
                      07.02.2007 10:58

                      Bitte antworten

                      an "Apache AXIS

                      C Developers

                      List"

Hi Michael,
Michael.Senkbeil@SIZ.DE writes:
> In the 0.96 source distribution the files ssl_stream.h and ssl_utils.h
> requested to be in ..\modules\core\transport\http\sender\ssl are
> missing.
It is a bug in Axis2/C 0.96 release :(, IRC there is a bug in that
option as well. I updated document in current svn head. But didn't get
a chance to update in site.

./configure --enable-openssl=yes (not --enable-ssl=yes)
make
make install

> Does anybody have these two files?

you could checkout them from svn [1]. If you get any troubles with SSL
client feel free to ask.

thanks,
Dinesh

[1].https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/modules/core/transport/http/sender/ssl/