axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Jared Hanson" <jaredhan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code for Axis2/C Static Deployment Engine
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:07:00 GMT
Glad to hear you're interested in the code.

It's one of my top priorities to get this building against svn head this
week.  I'll be submitting patches as I complete tasks.

One question I did have:

Right now I split out the static deployment engine code, so it is completely
outside of the axis2c code base.  However, it turns out that about 95% of
the code is a copy of what is in axis2c (configuration parsing, etc).

As I work off head, I'd like to avoid this duplication.  One option that is
available is just using a #ifdef directly in the code, usually in the
deployment module.

For example:

#ifdef AXIS2_STATIC_DEPLOY
/* Do static deployment step */
#else
/* Do normal dynamic deployment step */
#endif

Another option is to make a separate static deployment module.  This option
avoids the #ifdef pragmas, but would require more refactoring in order to
move the common code to a place that can be shared by both the static and
dynamic deployment modules.

If anyone has any opinions on this, please make them known.

Also, as you get a chance to review the code I uploaded, let me know any
changes you would like made.

- Jared