axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Increasing visibility of axis2c
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:28:01 GMT
On 2/12/07, mgt@gmx.at <mgt@gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi,
> we have been using axis-c for some time now in a project in our company
> (thanks for providing it to the community!). while using axis-c i had the
> impression that the visibility of the c implementation was not as high as
> you would actually deserve to have.
> one way to improve this imho would be to increase the linking of your
> project site from within other apache sites. dinesh asked me to forward my
> suggestions to the dev list. so here they are:
>
>     - the http://ws.apache.org/axis2/ site does not contain a link to the
> c implementation of axis2 or a hint that there is such a thing...

In http://ws.apache.org/axis2/ site we have put a link to Axis2/C project ,
its there in the right hand side if the top navigation bar. But I think it
will be great if we could add a link from the navigation page as well.

    - the project list of http://ws.apache.org/ does not include your c
> implementation of axis2. there is only axis cpp and and axis2/java

Yes , that's a good point.

    - finally on the axis1/cpp site there is also no link/hint that there is
> a c implementation of axis2 going on.
>
> Maybe you could increase your visibility by adding links/hints to these
> sites...
> Maybe you could build a similar navigation tree like the axis 1 people
> (java and cpp implementation are both featured in the navigation) together
> with the axis2/java guys? (see http://ws.apache.org/axis/)
> Feel free to discuss/critise/ask for help/...

+1

Bye,