axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <>
Subject Re: some questions about axis2c
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:16:32 GMT
Hi Yong,
     Please see my comments inline.
Yong Yang <> writes:

> 1)connection time out
> If the service is terminated and hence cause the web server
> terminated after receives a request from the client, the client will
> be waiting for a reply indefinitely in case of SEND-AND-RECEIVE
> pattern. How can I configure my client program so that the client
> will be time out?
I think this happens because of we didn't handle the occasion that
socket read sends 0. Therefore it hangs. Modified the code to give an
error when it receives 0. Please get a checkout from svn head and tryout.

> 2)send attachment
> for example, the client will attach three files to the web service.
> a) The first file exists and is not empty
> b) The second file doesn't exist or it is empty.
> c) The third file exists and is not empty
> when the server receives the SOAP message, it will try to detach
> these files. But the server only can detach the first file and can
> not detach the third file. When I used the TCP MONITOR to trace the
> SOAP message, the first MIME contains the content of the first file;
> the second MIME is empty; the third MIME contains the content of the
> third file. I also check what is the content in corresponding binary
> node, I found the binary node in both second and third attachment
> node are NULL.

please raise a jira for this issue. We will be able to help you. If
possible please attach your code there also. Need to understand
whether there is a bug actually.
> How can the server ignore the empty attachment and detach the following attachment?
> 3)send back attachment
> If the server would like to send back the attachment to the client in case of SEND-AND-RECEIVE
message pattern, it seems that the server can not attach these files. When I used the TCP
monitor to trace the SOAP message, no any MIME in the SOAP reply even if I enable the MTOM
options in the server program. When I read some doucments, it seems tha tthe OPTIONS only
can associate with CLIENT. How can I associate the OPTIONS with the server as well?
If possible please attach source for this scenario also.

Dinesh Premalal
WSO2, Inc.;
GPG Key ID : A255955C
GPG Key Finger Print : C481 E5D4 C27E DC34 9257  0229 4F44 266E A255 955C

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message