axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas Hart <nh...@real.com>
Subject [Axis2] wsdl2java not generating request object in C
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:48:00 GMT

I'm trying to reduce the complexity of the problem I'm having with the C
code generator.  I've reduced it to a simple example that demonstrates
one of the problems I'm having (attached) when trying to generate client
code.

The generated code below uses an undefined type "getFooBar" in the
parameter list:

         void axis2_stub_FooBarAdapterService_getFooBar_start(
axis2_stub_t *stub, const axis2_env_t *env,
                                                         getFooBar param0,
                                                         axis2_status_t
( AXIS2_CALL *on_complete ) (struct axis2_callback *, const axis2_env_t* ) ,
                                                         axis2_status_t
( AXIS2_CALL *on_error ) (struct axis2_callback *, const axis2_env_t*,
int ) );

my guess is that this should be an "axis2_getFooBarRequest" object
instead of "getFooBar" for param0 (yes/no?) but there seems to be no .c
or .h file generated that contains a request object.  the generated
files are:

axis2_FooBarObject.c
axis2_FooBarObject.h
axis2_getFooBar.c
axis2_getFooBar.h
axis2_getFooBarResponse.c
axis2_getFooBarResponse.h
axis2_stub_FooBarAdapterService.c
axis2_stub_FooBarAdapterService.h

Or, should the axis2_stub_FooBarAdapterService_getFooBar_start()
function instead have a parameter list that reflects the
"parameterOrder" attribute of the "wsdl:operation" tag in the WSDL file
(ie: "string fooId" and "long barId")?

I'm using a build I made from a source snapshot yesterday (on WinXP with
jdk1.5.0_10).  the command I'm running to generate the code is:

wsdl2java.bat -l c -d adb -a -u -uri FooBar.wsdl

and with the following environment variable set
JAVA_OPTS=-Dorg.apache.adb.properties=/org/apache/axis2/schema/c-schema-compile.properties

I've tried some different options, with no luck.  I've also looked
through Jira but so far haven't found anything that seems to match this
problem--but maybe I'm using the wrong keywords.

Can someone tell me what's wrong with the wsdl, the wsdl2java command,
or if this is a known issue?  I'm willing to try to fix this if it is a
bug, but I'm not sure where to start looking.

thanks!