axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Sahan Gamage" <sah...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2]Re: SSL client
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:21:03 GMT
Hi Samisa,

This is one undocumented feature of Axis2C :). To enable SSL you need
to do the following:

- Configure with enable-openssl=true
- In the axis2.xml uncomment the transport sender named https.
- Set the environment variable AXIS2_SSL_CA_FILE giving the path of
the server certificate in PEM format.
- Use a service epr url starting with "https"

Some additional points:
- The easiest way to obtain the server certificate in pem format is by
running the openssl command with s_client subcommand.
Run the "openssl s_client -connect <server_name>:<server_port>" and
copy and paste the portion of the output bounded by:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE------
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
(including those) to a file <file_name>.pem
In the above command <server_name> is the host name of the server. Rip
off the "http" portion. <port> is usually 443 for most SSL
connections. openssl's default is 4443.

 - I observed that if the AXIS2_SSL_CA_FILE path begins with '~'
openssl  fails to load the certificate. So, use absolute paths or
relative paths not containing '~'(home dir)

-sahan