axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: An API to configure Axis services?
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:36:18 GMT
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
>> In the Apache Tuscany/C++ project we are using Axis2C to implement
>> our Web Service support. Application developers use Tuscany to create
>> components, then our runtime takes care of exposing these components
>> as Web Services. Currently each time we create a Web service, we
>> create a directory under Axis2/services/ for it, copy a Tuscany
>> shared library (containing a generic Axis2 service skeleton) into
>> that directory and create a services.xml file declaring the new
>> service to Axis2C. I'd like to simplify this process and do the
>> configuration of Axis2C in memory without having to create a
>> directory structure and copy files around for each new service.
>>
>> Are there any other ways to declare services to Axis2 than creating a
>> directory per service containing a services.xml file?
> Yes, you can add service to configuration using config API.
>> Can a single services.xml file declare multiple services?
> Yes, we have the service group concept - please look at sg_math sample.
>> Is there an API that would allow me to plug into the Axis2C runtime
>> and declare and configure Web services? Could you point me to sample
>> code that does that or any info that will help me understand how to
>> declare services dynamically?
> As I mentioned earlier, using config API you can do that. The best
> sample that I can think of is PHP Axis2 extentio which is here :
> http://pecl.php.net/package/axis2
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>>
>> Thanks.

Thanks for the pointers. I found your PHP integration code and I'm
guessing that to configure a new service I should do something similar
to what you're doing service.c (at
http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/pecl/axis2/service.c?revision=1.17&view=markup).

However I'm not sure how to plug my code in the Axis2C runtime so to get
it executed when the server starts. Can I create new services from
inside a module?

A related question is: Instead of having to create service infos for all
the services that I need to dispatch to, can I just declare a single
receiver that will see/handle all incoming calls (and then I'll dispatch
to the correct Tuscany service myself from there)? Is that possible?

Thanks

--
Jean-Sebastien