axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "chanaka Wijesena" <chanaka.st...@gmail.com>
Subject Status of the perl extension
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:44:17 GMT
Hi all,
   Currently I was able to implement a simple API for the perl using XS.
Anyway I couldnt figure out the programming interface of the OM in perl. So
I was little late in responding to the mailing list. I tested my code
passing serialized text to the perl send_recieve function and inside that I
build AXIOM from the om buffer.

Here is the API we come across at the end. This is mainly derived from the
firefox API and the service client API.

#!/usr/bin/perl

use WS;

$svc_client = SvcClient->new();

%options = (
            "to" => "http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/echo",
            "action" => "http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/samples/echoString",
           );

$svc_client->set_options(\%options);

$svc_client->engage("addressing", "vx");

$response = $svc_client->send_recieve($content);

Our next target is to understand the perl XML Object model and associate the
send_recieve functions to them.
So user can fill the content with following way.
 $doc = new XML::DOM;
 $new_elt= $doc->createElement( "echo"); # elements are created in a
document
 $new_elt_pcdata= $doc->createTextNode("some text");
 $new_elt->appendChild( $new_elt_pcdata);

Thanks
Chanaka