axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Renewing Guththila
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:39:24 GMT
Dinesh Premalal wrote:

> Hi devs,
>           Hope to do following modifications to guththila code in
> order to minimize memory leaks and enhance the performance of
> guththila xml parser.

Good to hear this. We need guththila up and running very badly IMHO.

> guththila_reader
> ------------------------
>                  1.Replace guththila_environment, guththila_allocator,
> guththila_error with axis2_environment, axis2_allocator and axis2_error.
>                         axis2_xx implementations has less errors ,
> well tested implementations and no point of maintaining same
> implementations in two places

Please consider using axis2_log as well.

>                  2. Remove it's local stack implementation and use
> axis2_utils stack implementation

+1.

>                  3. Implement space , comments and pi handling functions.

I thought we had space implementation. May be I am mistaken.

>                  4.  Adding guththila_reader_create_for_io (),
> guththila_reader_create_for_memory () functions.

This will be great. So we could use a guththila wrapper as an
alternative to libxml2 wrapper. At the moment we can only use libxml2.

> guththila_writer
>                 1. Integrate with aixs2_utils stack implementation.

+1.

> If you have any ideas please let us know.

Please also adhere to the same coding convention as of Axis2/C. (Well no
we do not have it formally documented, may be you can help to do that as
well ;-). But please have a look at the axis2_svc_client.h header, that
is our master guide as of now)

Thanks,
Samisa...