axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2]WSDL2C Code generation
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:56:26 GMT
Dimuthu Gamage wrote:

> Hi all,
>        I m working on Implementing WSDL2C tool in C language as my
> project for Google Summer of Code. I already worked on generating C
> code using Java tool with databinding support. Following is the brief
> plan of the project.
>
> Use the architecture of the WSDL2Java tool,  so that I can use the
> same templates.

+1

Why not use XAlan (http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html)?

> Use C implementation of the WODEN to parse WSDL

+1

> Use axiom, util and core libraries in Axis2C

Where are you going to use AXIOM?

> All hearders, public structs and functions prefixed with "codegen_"
>                                                             Macros
> prefixed with "CODEGEN_"

Hmmm, codegen is OK, but are we going to move this code out as an
independant project later? If so what would be the project name? If
there is going to be such a project, I suggest using that project name
as the prefix. What about "w2c_" (short for WSDL2C)?

Thanks,
Samisa...