axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Double namespace validation mechanisms in sub build systems
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 05:37:09 GMT
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> For woden and xml_schema, I see that the include folder has a sub
> folder with the respective name and then we have the include files in
> them with the prefix axis2_woden and axis2_xml_schema.
> This is validating namespaces twice.
> 1. We do not need the sub folder

Actually I think what we should have followed is the folder base
namespace rather than prefix based one. I suggest
this at least for the new projects. Otherwise if we make a install to
default places in unix it would clutter standard
folders with axis2 prefixed files. It is very neat if they all go inside
a folder like /usr/local/inclue/woden

> 2. we do not need the axis2_ part of the prefix (Yes I know we started
> with these as part of axis2, but not any more)

we don't need any prefix if we put headers in a folder

We separed those two projects from the main code base after they were
already started. That's why axis2 prefix.
Yes we need to remove axis2 prefix not only from xml_schema and woden
projects but also from other axis2 platform
emerging projects like security etc.

> So I propose we remove those
> We also have axis2_om as our prefix for OM related stuff, shall we
> change that to axiom (yes this affects header name, struct name and
> method name prefixes as well as macro prefixes) But we better do it
> now, without waiting till 1.0 release.

It is better if we wait for these changes until atleast the initial code
base of xml_schema and woden is completed(In 3 or 4 days time).
Otherwise I would lost my concentration again(This first time I lost is
when having those env changes few days back).