axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] PHP XML IN-OUT Message Receiver
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2006 17:42:03 GMT
Nabeel Yoosuf wrote:

> IMHO, Ideally this should be kept in a location independent of both
> PHP and Axis2/C repos. If a user wants to have PHP web services in C,
> (s)he needs to first download PHP and Axis2/C. Then  download and
> compile the receiver using the downloaded PHP and Axis2/C libraries.
> Since,  neither PHP nor Axis2/C is dependent on this receiver; it just
> uses what is provided by them.

Well, PHP server side is dependent on this isnt it. If I understand
correct, without this receiver, PHP server side cannot work.

> We can find reason for and againts keeping custom receivers in Axis2
> repo. I wonder how Axis2 java guys keep custom receivers? What if I
> write a C++ message receiver?

If it is based on pure Axis2/C API, then it could be in Axis2/C code
base. If it is dependent on external APIs and if those APIs are not
required by the Axis2/C core, I am not sure if it should be placed in
the Axis2/C code base. For the C++ case, I do not think it is the job of
the main Axis2/C code base to support it - it is an extension, a
wrapper. But it is different from the PHP case, where it does not use a
specific external API.

Samisa...