axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Damitha Kumarage <damith...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] A Memory handling strategy.
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 10:55:56 GMT
Hi,
There are schenarios where we set void pointers and the receivers of
these void pointers
have no way of freeing the memory associated with them.

We faced that problem yesterday when paramter attributes needed to be
set in axis2_param_t.
axis2_param_t belong to util project. So we cannot have om dependancies
in axis2_param when
it wants to free om attributes.

To handle this situation I introduced a new class called
axis2_generic_obj_t.
We can set the concerned type(or void pointer) as value there in and at
the same time
set the freeing function there in. So when someone free the
axis2_generic_obj_t object instance it
will call the call back free function from within and free the set value.

If you have any concerns about this strategy please let's discuss

thanks
Damitha