axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject [Axis2][Fwd: Having separate build systems]
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 10:09:57 GMT
Fixed prefix...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Having separate build systems
Date: 	Wed, 17 May 2006 16:27:32 +0600
From: 	Damitha Kumarage <damitha23@gmail.com>
To: 	axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org

Hi,
I am in the process of moving axis2 util and axis2 om into separate
projects.
Once this is done we need to give options.

configure --with-axis2-om=<axis2c om path> --with-axis2-util=<axis2c
util path>
to build Axis C.

It seems that as we are separating the Axis2 C sub projects, Axis2 C
main build
is increasingly dependant on other projects. I would like to ask your
opnions
on how we handle this situation on Axis2 C releases.

It is good if we could configure Maven to resolve dependancies and download.

Other option is we pack the all dependant projects nicely with Axis2 C.
In this case
we just pack compulsory projects only. For example axis2c_om and
axis2c_util are
compulsory dependancies. But Apache and Apache2 are optional so we don't
pack them.

Thanks
Damitha