axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Pete Robbins" <robbin...@googlemail.com>
Subject [Axis2] help required building
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:55:05 GMT
I am working on the Tuscany project and I am trying to use Axis2C for
webservice support. I'm running into a few problems :-(

I've downloaded the 0.90 binary release and get the samples running no
problem.

What I would like is to write my own client code ... and here the problems
start. Is there a document saying how to build a client? By this I mean
which libraries you need to link with etc.. Trying to use the samples
makefiles with the list of libraries (-laxis2_util etc..) gives errors. I
get errors such as :
/home/sahan/release/0.90/axis2c-0.90/lib/libaxis2_attachments.la
does not exist.

So I now decide to build from the source. The build instructions say to use
./configure, make, make install but this does not work as there are errors
in the Makefile.am files. Do you still use this method to build? I see
Maven.xml files in the source tree. Do you have instructions as to how to
build with Maven??

Cheers,

--
Pete