axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Sahan Gamage <sa...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Implementing Service Client API
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:14:45 GMT
Hi Pete,

My first quick answer is to wait sometime (may be 1 week). We are in the
process of improving the client api. This would not take much time. Once
we are done we will come up with a somewhat comprehensive documentation
on how to write clients.
The decision we took to change the API right now is to limit the number
of ppl who need to change their client code. If we have gone 1.0 with
the current API and go on changing it, it would be a very difficult
task. In my personal sense I like to do the changes right now rather
than waiting for some time.
But the bad side is we are gonna scrap out the older api - which implies
that the current sample base will be invalid (if you also have some
client code those will not work once the change happens). But I am quite
sure once the new API is in place (which goes aligned with current Axis2
java code) you would be much comfortable with it.

Thanks
- Sahan