axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <PREST...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Proposal : Time to release Axis C++ 1.6beta
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:51:28 GMT
Hi All,
        +1 for the proposed release plan.

Regards,

Fred Preston.

Adrian Dick/UK/IBM@IBMGB
01/03/2006 09:33
Please respond to "Apache AXIS C Developers List"

        To:     axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Proposal : Time to release Axis C++ 1.6beta

(This is a repeat send, because I can't find any evidence of the original
getting through the system - apologies if you receive this twice)

Hi, Guys,

I wish to propose we produce an Axis C++ 1.6 beta, and if no significant
problems are found we should release the 1.6 final two weeks later.

Here is my reasoning behind this proposal:

In the past few weeks, a lot of the issues we've been seeing on the
mailing
list have already been fixed in the latest nightly builds.  It would
therefore be a good time to consider releasing, particularly as it has
been
over 10 months since any form of release.

254 Jira issues have been fixed since the 1.5 final release.

But this isn't just a fix release, there has also been an increase in
capability added to the Axis C++ engine and the WSDL2Ws tooling:
Improvements within the engine include:
   memory management
   transport layer
   cookie support
   addition of Configuration API

Improved WSDL support for:
   xsd built-in simple types (all types now supported)
   xsd:any
   xsd:choice
   xsd:all

The nightly builds when tested today on Windows, Linux and AIX have only 1
client testcase failing (see AXISCPP-942) from 288 attempted.
It looks like AXISCPP-942 should be fixed very soon, but I feel we can
still try producing a beta, and ensure this fix gets into the final
release.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)