axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] - MTOM implementation
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:06:02 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 15:35 +0600, Kapila Dissanayake wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I have started the implementation of MTOM for AXIS2 C.
>>

>Great! Welcome aboard!!
>

>>We have to have equivalent implementation for
>>Java.activation.Datahandler and all MIME related classes(e.g
>>MimeBodyPart).
>>
>>I would propose to implement MIME related implementations through an
>>abstract layer. Then use a MIME implementation library on  top of that
>>abstract layer. For the initial implementation I will try to use
>>gmime.
>>
>> Because we have the abstraction layer we can later plugin other mime libraries.
>>

>Sounds good. Is there any chance to use metamail? That's the original
>src of MIME ... I have to imagine that metamail (or its current
>incarnation) have been ported to all platforms. If not can we get the
>code from some mail system? Java didn't invent this stuff ;-).

Hi Sanjiva,

I had a look into metamail, following your suggestion. Looks to me as if
it is a set of tools (binary programs) It is not a library, so we do not
have an API that we can use. On the contrary, gmime is a lib that gives
us an API.

We can have a look into metamail and get an idea on how to write the
MIME related stuff, but as far as I understand, we cannot use it through
the proposed abstraction layer :(

Samisa...