axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] - MTOM implementation
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:45:19 GMT
On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 15:35 +0600, Kapila Dissanayake wrote:
> Hi,
> I have started the implementation of MTOM for AXIS2 C.

Great! Welcome aboard!!

> We have to have equivalent implementation for
> Java.activation.Datahandler and all MIME related classes(e.g
> MimeBodyPart).
> I would propose to implement MIME related implementations through an
> abstract layer. Then use a MIME implementation library on  top of that
> abstract layer. For the initial implementation I will try to use
> gmime.
>  Because we have the abstraction layer we can later plugin other mime libraries.

Sounds good. Is there any chance to use metamail? That's the original
src of MIME ... I have to imagine that metamail (or its current
incarnation) have been ported to all platforms. If not can we get the
code from some mail system? Java didn't invent this stuff ;-).

View raw message