axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Henrik Nordberg" <>
Subject Re: What teams are working on Axis cpp?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:34:40 GMT
Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Henrik
> Nice looking screenshots!
> The IBM team (which I used to be the architect for :-) ) ship the AxisC++
> 1.x project as the MQC2 support pack
> ( I can no
> longer comment on what IBM's future plans for this are, since I no longer
> work there :-)

Who is the lead guy on the current IBM team? Just curious. :)

> WSO2 are strongly backing the Axis2/C project. A couple of our guys were
> heavily involved in the creation of AxisC++, but we took the decision that
> to create a highly flexible asynchronous Web Service engine that supports
> WS-Addressing, WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-TX, etc, we needed to rebuild on
> the Axis2 design.
> The result is the Axis2/C project, which is just getting to the stage
> where we have clients and servers talking using WS-Addressing.
> So summary:
> AxisC++ 1.x is fairly stable project with a team from IBM supporting it to
> IBM customers.
> Axis2/C is a very cool new project with WSO2 firmly behind it aiming to
> have a 1.0 in the summer.
> Paul

I am sure Axis2/C is cool and we will most likely switch to using that when
it is ready for prime time.
In the meantime, it would be nice if the bugs we (Emanuel and I) have
reported were fixed. Some of them are quite serious, and we provide
suggestions for fixes in the bug reports.

Would it be possible for me to become a commitor on AxisC++ 1.x, so I can
fix those (and possibly other) bugs?

 - Henrik

View raw message