axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using generated CPP files in visual studio 2003
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:39:10 GMT
I think we might be better not building the code at all and concentrating
on getting the client problems fixed using a binary release.

What is the problem you're having with the client? What version of the
code are you using?

If you still want to build the code then I suggest you do it using ANT -
which we support far better than in msvc directly (it uses the msvc
compiler underneath). instructions here ->
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/antbuild-guide.html

Henrik Grankvist <henrik.grankvist@gmail.com>
03/01/2006 12:21
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

Apache AXIS C Developers List <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Using generated CPP files in visual studio 2003

I checked out the code from svn now and tried to compile the distribution
solution in vs 7.0 .... It does not work, first it complaints that
libexpat.lib cannot be found. When removing this from the properties of
the project and adding xercesc instead the linker gives the follwing
error:

AxisClient fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '.\CDebug\apr_base64.obj'

I believe there is something wrong with the solutionfiles that makes them
impossible to run on VS 7.0, unfortunately I don't have  access to VS 6.0
right now. Do you have any suggestions on how to get things working?

I must point out that my main problem is that I cannot run the compiled
code for my generated clients,  it just crashes.

kind regards
Henrik

do you mean cvs or svn? The latest code is in svn ->
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/developers-guide.html#checkingOut

Henrik Grankvist <henrik.grankvist@gmail.com>
03/01/2006 10:31

Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"

axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Using generated CPP files in visual studio 2003

Hello!

I'm having serious trouble using my ws client that is generated with
the wsdl2ws tool. There are no problems compiling and linking however
when running the program it just crashes giving me the following
exception:

Unhandled exception at 0x7c901230 in axis-c.exe: User breakpoint.

Then i thought I'd build the axisclient dll from the axis-c source.
However this doesn't work either the linker says that it can't find
the AxisException.obj file. When looking att the source, the source
file for this isn't anywhere to be found. Not even when I fetched the
whole project from cvs this file can be found.

Could someone here maybe help me? It's frustrating because I need to
get this to work soon.

kind regards
Henrik