axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is There Roadmap for Axis/C++?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 07:49:32 GMT
On 12/5/05, Chengdong Lu <clu@bea.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any roadmap or plan etc. for Axis/C++? What I concern includes
> whether Will WS-* protocol be supported? And UDDI? Will there be
> architecture changes in seeable future?
> I've searched this in mail list and found a post saying there's
> something called Axis2/C? Is this under development? Any plan?

Axis2C is in the initial stage of development. We plan to have some
working version by early next year. The effort is to implement the
Axis2 architecture
(http://ws.apache.org/axis2/Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html) in C.

Axis C++ is mature and has been there for some time. It is very strong
when it comes to client side. There has been some improvements on the
server side lately as well. However, it is tough to support WS-* with
its current architecture. AFAIK, there would not be major architecture
changes in Axis C++ in the near future.

Thanks,
Samisa...