axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Anuradha Ratnaweera <gnu.slash.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] [Patch] Cleaning up Makefile.am files
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 06:29:15 GMT
On 12/7/05, Damitha Kumarage <damitha23@gmail.com> wrote:

> How about linking axis2c libraries when building tests. Currently axis2c
> libraries are linked
> with -L.. -l flags in Makefile.am's in tests. How can we do that in a
> platform indept way
> using AC_CHECK_LIB or whatever. I suppose we can use AC_CHECK_LIB inside
> Makefile.am's

AC_* are autoconf macros, so we can't use them inside Makefile.am.
Once we get the _external_ library linking (e.g.: cutest) cleaned up,
I'll look into it.

One more question?  Is libxml2 the same as _the_ libxml2 or is it a
different one.  If it's the same, it makes a lot of sense to keep it
seperate from the rest of the tree.  But again, that can be done once
we get the immediate cleaning up.

Right now, what I am trying to do is to get "make dist" working
properly, so that the created tarball is independent of
automake/autoconf, and then a user should be able to just run
./configure && make && make install.

        Anuradha
--
http://anuradha-ratnaweera.blogspot.com