axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Anuradha Ratnaweera <gnu.slash.li...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] [Patch] Cleaning up configure.ac
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:56:18 GMT
Hi all,

I finally got make dist  orking!  But it needed a lot of
`improvements' all over the place.  This is the first set of them, and
they are for the configure.ac file.  Here is an un-summary of changes:
(summarizing is shortening, and the explainations below are _bigger_
than actual code changes, so I am calling it an un-summary ;-) ).

- Changed the order of doing things to match the order
- AC_INIT and AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE gets the package name properly (without
this, make dist fails.  Check for PACKAGE= and VERSION= values in
Makefile without them)
- Removed AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR.  It is to be used for a different reason
which we don't need here.  make dist doesn't work without this change.
 The directory conftools can go away from SVN too.
- Removed AC_PROG_LIBTOOL (one AM_PROG_LIBTOOL is enough)
- Replaced LDFLAGS setting with a test (AC_CHECK_LIB) for cutest
- Removed setting LIBS to -ldl, because AC_CHECK_LIB automatically sets that
- Changed # to dnl everywhere (standard practice)

I have attached both the patch and configure.ac itself.  I don't think
it _breaks_ anything, but mostly rearranging and removing.

        Anuradha